Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Interchange: Problem with [currency]

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (racke@linuxia.de):

> Hello, MV folk !
>
> I noticed a problem with the current Interchange code. Prices are
> displayed with the penny part always 0. I checked out the currency
> function in Util.pm:
>
> $amount = sprintf $fmt, $amount;
>
> and I found this is the culprit. Additional debug statements
> revealed that the LC_MONETARY and LC_NUMERIC are set to de_CH
> which I'm not used in this catalog for sure, but within another.

Hmm. See if I understand:

	1. You start out with your default locale.
	2. Catalog #1 does a [setlocale ...] to de_CH.
	3. Catalog #2 has no locale and receives the locale
	   that was most recently set in #1.

If that is it, I think the solution is to do a setlocale to
the default locale for each catalog before starting. If you can
verify this or provide more information, I will look at where to
do this.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".
-