Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] userdb password

******    message to minivend-users from "Chen Naor" <chennaor@netvision.net.il>     ******

Hello,

I have a system that need to access the userdb of my catalog from another
server (I want to use the userdb as my membership database for all the
activity of the site), the access is full so the other server cat
write/read/modify the userdb.

I'm working with encrypt password, and I need to encrypt the password for
users how signing on the other server, exactly the same.
I'm not a perl coder but I saw in ../minivend/lib/Vend/UserDB.pm that it use
the crypt(PLAINTEXT,SALT) function.
what I couldn't fegureout is what is the parameter of SALT
my $db_pass = $self->{DB}->field(
                                                        $self->{USERNAME},

$self->{LOCATION}{PASSWORD},
                                                        );

$self->{PASSWORD} = crypt($pw,$db_pass);

for example if I enter a username: chen
and the password is :abcdefg
what will be then $db_pass

Thanks for any help