Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] SQL questions -- NULL fields and .txt file writes.

******    message to minivend-users from Pugdog <pugdog@ibm.net>     ******

Here's another question/problem.

I'm using MySQL (or supposed to be) with IC.  I know perl and mysql work,
since I run and develop several other perl/sql/mysql products.

When I add a product via the built in editor, the product is added to the
products.txt file, as well as the SQL database.  Shouldn't the .txt files
be ignored?

Also, on insert into the SQL table, the empty fields are flagged as NULL,
while the empty fields that were imported are NULL-STRING ie: ''

Will this affect things down the road, since you can search for an empty
string by '' or "" but you need to use IS NULL or IS NOT NULL if a field is
actually set to NULL

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: