Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [ic] Localization causes misbehavior of basket? - additional info

It seems that changing the locale (entering the shop with a url: eg
....process/locale/nl_NL/page/index) won't update array @Vend::Productbase.
This array will always contain the initial values set in catalog.cfg (eg
ProductFile products nl_products). However, $Config->{ProductFiles} will
get updated when locale gets changed.

The result of the above behaviour is:
1. Searches will perform okay --> results come from the related products
table ('products' for default, 'nl_products' for nl_NL)
2. When ordering an item, the info will come from the initial setting, not
the locale related table.
When locale is set to nl_NL, all info in searches etc will show Dutch text.
When a product is ordered, basket will show info in English (mv_ib has
value 'products' instead of 'nl_products').

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ton Verhagen