[Camps-users] Moose vs. Mouse 2 (was: Re: Integration with related projects)

Brian J. Miller brian at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 17 14:11:57 UTC 2008

David Christensen wrote:

> Apparently there's also a module called "Mouse" which is an almost-
> identical API to Moose with a few minor differences, with the intent
> of being a lighter-weight object system.  It might be worthwhile to at
> least look at; the developer has wanted to keep API-compatibility to
> the point that you could perl -i -pe s'/Mouse/Moose/g' and have
> everything still work.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~sartak/Mouse-0.13/
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Yep, Ethan and Jon and I had a brief (maybe just my message? can't
remember) thread about that offline from a while back. Again I guess we
should balance premature optimization with feature loss against actual
data suggesting Moose would be too slow. Speculating ATM probably isn't
worth it since none of us has any real clue on how fast/slow it might be.

--
Brian J. Miller
End Point Corp.
brian at endpoint.com