[Camps-users] Upcoming development session and a proposed way forward

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 19 17:36:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Ethan Rowe wrote:

> My outline above for file system organization is probably a bit much.
> So, how about something like this instead:
>
> <camp_base>/
>    <camp_type>
>        camp.pm
>        resources/
>            apache.pm
>            rails.pm
>            db_server.pm
>            db_server/
>                postgres.pm
>        templates/
>            apache/
>            rails/
>            db_server/
>                postgres/
>
> The "resources" directory is basically laid out like a standard Perl
> library directory.

I'm not sure how literally you mean for the above example to be taken, but
I suggest we not use any module names that violate Perl conventions, that
is, no all-lower case names in the root namespace, which are reserved for
pragmas like strict and warnings, etc.

Beyond that, can we not stick to the Perl mixed-case module name
conventions while still allowing all-lowercase names in our own code?
E.g.:

Camp::Apache can be referred to as "apache"

Jon