[Camps-users] Camps on Ubuntu

Richard Templet richard at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 20 02:09:16 UTC 2009

Jon Jensen wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Brian J. Miller wrote:
>

>> I just pushed a commit that took care of a couple issues I had using a
>> stock setup from Ubuntu 8.10.
>>

> Thanks for those fixes, Brian.
>
> We've run camps on several Debian Etch machines, which IIRC have the same
> apache2 layout. Richard, do you remember if we had to do anything special
> to get them to work? Obviously we didn't use the features Brian just
> added, but what did we do?
>
> Jon

The instance of camps you are remembering were running on Debian Etch
but it was still using Apache 1.3.  I just went and fired up a camp and
it looks like we simply had to supply the server root with -d and the
configuration file to use with -f.  I went back through my notes and I
don't see any issues like Brian mentioned.

Richard