[Camps-users] 2 Hackathon branches, need 1 location

Brian J. Miller brian at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 11 13:47:07 UTC 2010

While trolling the repo over the weekend I was going to do a bit of work
  towards 4.x (or whatever you want to call it) and see where I could
pick up, unfortunately I picked the wrong branch and ended up blowing
some time on fixing unit test files (our Moose needs to be updated,
badly) in endpoint_hackathon which appears to be a good deal behind
new_hackathon. Neither branch seems overly well named (for the current
situation, aka it being nearly a year since the hackathon), so I'd like
to propose removing those in the upstream repo and creating a 4_0_0
branch or the like. The name doesn't matter much to me, but I'd like to
see us start a convention (not standard) for using branch names with
minimally a _X sequence such that when a rebase or the like is required
it is easy to see what a branch is working off of. My understanding is
that really new work is considered 4.x, hence what I chose, but really
I'd be satisfied with devel_X, or if no one likes my other suggestion,
how about just devel?

Either way I'd like to get a 4.x line of development going again and
have a branch clearly named for that development. Thoughts?

--
Brian J. Miller
End Point Corp.
brian at endpoint.com