[Camps-users] question regarding setting up camp with interchange site

Brian J. Miller brian at endpoint.com
Mon Jan 25 19:18:04 UTC 2010

Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> I'm looking for a bit more clarity on this one.
>
> Currently I have my production site in:
> /www/mydomain/catalog/ ....
> /www/mydomain/htdocs/  ...
>
> (global) Apache config is:
> /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

Generally we split out the virtual host information and anything else
that is site specific into a separate file that then gets included. So
we'd have similar to:

/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
/etc/apache2/sites/com_allcarmodels.conf

The latter is then included by httpd.conf for the production system.
These files then have counterparts under
/home/camp/com_allcarmodels/etc/ and get copied to the camps as part of
mkcamp. The sites/ version under /home/camp has tokens that get replaced
by the process to determine the port and path information for that
instance of the camp.

> (global) Mysql config is:
> /etc/mysql/my.cnf

I've not done a mysql setup :-).

> (global) Interchange config is:
> /export/opt/interchange-5.7.4/interchange.cfg     (symlinked
> /opt/interchange/interchange.cfg)

interchange.cfg is generally split into two files. The interchange.cfg
is store in the git repo like everything else, and it contains
information that is *identical* between production and the camps. Then
we use an interchange_local.cfg that contains information specific to
the instance that is running aka each camp. So it has tokens that are
replaced with port and path information as well. interchange_local.cfg
is therefore generated by mkcamp and is included by interchange.cfg
which is just cloned with the rest of the source.

--
Brian J. Miller
End Point Corp.
brian at endpoint.com