[Camps-users] Configuring database roles for camp type

Russell Steinert info at shopbutternut.com
Mon Aug 27 19:15:21 UTC 2012

On 8/27/12 1:46 PM, Russell Steinert wrote:
> On 8/27/12 1:34 PM, Sam Batschelet wrote:
>> On Aug 27, 2012, at 1:31 PM, Russell Steinert
>> <info at shopbutternut.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello -
>>> We are making progress on our sandbox devcamps setup on Centos 5.
>>> The camps are being setup by mkcamp, however we are encountering an
>>> error for which there seems to be virtually no documentation and I
>>> am hoping someone can enlighten us.  After a successful .git
>>> repository cloning, the script stops with the error:
>>>
>>> "There are no roles configured for this camp type!  Cannot prepare
>>> database".
>>>
>>> We have created the folder /home/camp-user/camp-type/mysql/roles but
>>> cannot figure out how to give the script what it needs there.  I am
>>> assuming it requires login information for the system MySQL server
>>> but in what form, a YAML config file, .sql file?  Please advise.
>>> Thanks!
>> Mine is setup like this under filename roles/root
>>
>> UPDATE user
>> SET Password = PASSWORD('__PASS__')
>> WHERE User = '__ROLE__';
>>
>> perhaps that might help.
>>

> Yes it did!  Many thanks!  Much appreciated! :)

Hi Sam --

We now seem to be hung up on an "undefined subroutine" at line 2337,
$tmp_file->print( YAML::Syck::Dump( $settings ) ); in Master.pm. All the
required information in $settings seems to be provided in local.config,
except for, I am suspecting some role related configuration we haven't
set correctly perhaps related to:

  for my $role (@$roles) {
         $settings->{users}{$role} = role_password( $role );
     }

which needs a user/pass pair setting somewhere?

Best, Russell