[Docs] Interchange lacks true open source motives

Richard Ashley docs@lists.akopia.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:22:51 -0700

When I contacted RedHat, the sales rep I spoke with was very insistant on
having a redhat tech team do the Interchange install, and now I see why. The
documentation is horrid and is more of a presentation to executives rather
than a technical document. The information on how to use interchange is
extremely lacking and I do not think interchange follows the true open
source movement. All that the users get is a little bundle of programming
with virtually no instructions. If you really want good help, you have to
pay for support. I do not think interchange is true open source and this
product had changed my once, good natured views of redhat into something
less desirable.