[docs] Page serving process

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Nov 23 00:28:49 EST 2004

Quoting Davor Ocelic (docelic at mail.inet.hr):

> > Please, I need someone's 5 minutes to write relatively short
> > description of what really happens in the process of serving a page.
> > The general procedure should be precise and detailed where important
> > (such as when explaining parse order).
>
> Ah, more info on this one.
>
> For extra bonus, in a separate list please also describe what happens at
> IC startup, before catalogs are being served.
>
> Some of this was also written in
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/icprogrammer.html .
>
> See if you can reuse any of that text, but please re-read it to verify
> correctness and fill with more details.

the description is correct. wrt details, i don't know what more
is wanted. perhaps more examples would be nice, but it is a true
and accurate description of what happens. i tried to be as detailed
as i could, but the object is to enable someone to read the source and
figure out what is going on.

--
Mike Heins

p.s. sorry for lower case, injured hand

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown