[interchange-i18n] was is das?

Stefan Hornburg Racke racke at linuxia.de
Wed Aug 15 10:34:01 UTC 2001

Dave Jenkins <djenkins at redhat.com> writes:

[...]

> > You can make the Japanese translation for the UI :-)
>
> I'll get started as soon as I hear back from Murahashi-san.  Between the
> two of us, we should get this put together.
>

> > First, I would like to know what requirements have to met
> > to get Japanese displayed. A correct character set has
> > to be set in the pages, right ?
>
> Correct.  ISO-2022-JP is the most common.
> Although it will work by simply removing all of those tags, it is better
> to set them to the correct code.
>
> Can you tell me which files I need to change and/or create? (please
> include paths)

OK. Which is the locale for japanese ? jp_JP ?

> I can write in Kanji in emacs, so I should have no problem...

Is there any special treatment needed for the Japanese translation,
e.g. can it be stored in plain text files ?

I run Emacs too, so at least I have the chance to control if
your translation looks like Japanese or just ordinary bit
crap :-)

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices