[interchange-i18n] diacritical signs and search..

none none at wildgroup.com.by
Tue Dec 18 11:37:00 UTC 2001

Hello all.

A few days ago I posted a message into IC users forum but I was
redirected to IC Internationalization group.. Here is the message:

I think I have a problem. I'm using IC 4.6.5, MySQL 3.23.4-alpha, perl
5.005_03. There are troubles when I search within database using
diacritical signs in search query. For example for query 'złoty'
the result will be like "Cannot find 'z\łoty'" (ł means
letter "l" with diacritical dash, but not a row of symbols &,#,3,...
both in query and result). Or simply: 'zloty' - 'z\loty'. Maybe
anybody has solved this problem already? Or this is a question for
Interchange Internationalization group? And I cannot change IC to
newest version cause some  reasons.

this diacritical symbols are stored in the MySQL database as ordinary
symbols.. 1 byte per symbol.. it's char number >128.. And there is a
_feature_. There are diacritical symbols search of which is correct..
in my opinion the IC is parsing the search string for specials chars
and replacing it by \x.. but I don't know how and when!!
please help me..
thanx..

--
Best regards,