[interchange-i18n] Hebrew encoding in Interchange UI

Joachim Leidinger jojo at blackpoint.de
Mon Jan 21 04:25:00 UTC 2002

Chen Naor wrote:

> Hello Stefan,
> I think that the character encoding in Interchange should be solved so it
> will support more languets.
> The problem is that the code is limit to the low character only and any
> language that use high characters is not encode.
> I know the problem is exist in Hebrew but I'm assuming that it will be a
> problem in other languages like Greek, Russian and more.
> I know the problem is in the perl code so if you think I should post this to
> the main list (so Mike can take a look at it) just say to me.
> Hope we will find a nice solution.

If I read the perl module Entities.pm and the article "6.18. Matching
Multiple-Byte Characters" (see
http://library.cs.tuiasi.ro/programming/perl/cookbook-UNPARSED/ch06_19.htm)
right, it seems to me, you or any perl user can change the Entities.pm
module to support multiple byte characters.  Maybe there is an easier
solution, if we can use the idea of the chapter "6.12. Honoring Locale
Settings in Regular Expressions" (see
http://library.cs.tuiasi.ro/programming/perl/cookbook-UNPARSED/ch06_14.htm)
in Entities.pm?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger at bpanet.de]