[interchange-i18n] lost setting of locale in UI with IC 4.8.5

Joachim Leidinger jojo at blackpoint.de
Wed Jul 17 08:29:15 UTC 2002

Hi list,

if you need a special another UI page for a catalog, you can copy the
file (for example item.html) from

.../VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/admin/item.html

..../catalogs/yourcatalogs/yourshopname/pages/admin/item.html

an make your changes. IC will use it instead of the page from
...lib/UI/pages/admin.

But with IC 4.8.5, you can choose your language in the login page of UI
and see the menue buttons with the selected language (for example
german). But if you have any pages of UI in your catalogs pages
directory, you get the menue buttons back in english.

If you insert [seti mv_locale]de_DE[/seti] in your special page, you can
get the main menue bar in the right selected language (for example
german). But the sub menue is still in the english language.

If you remove all the admin page from your catalogs directory, all looks
right with the right language. If you replace your special pages for UI
with for example .../UI/pages/admin/item.html, which is shipped with the
tarball of IC, I lost my selected language.

Any solution to hold an carry the selected language in UI with the
special admin pages too, if that pages is stored in
catalogs/myshop/pages/admin?

Any tips and hints are very welcome.

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger at bpanet.de]