[interchange-i18n] Re: LC-Statement

Holger Ehms ehms at lipsia.net
Thu Mar 14 04:36:01 UTC 2002

Jon Jensen wrote:

 > [L] and [LC] are not standard Interchange tags -- they're preprocessing
 > directives done at the time the page is loaded, before just about
anything
 > else. Then later your [setlocale] tag is parsed, but by then the [L] and
 > [LC] are already done.
 >
 > Alternatives are:
 >
 > 1. Set the locale before the page you're on (using .autoload, or setting
 > on a previous page, or in the URL, etc.).
 >
 > 2. Use the [loc] or [msg] tags for locale stuff; they *are* standard IC
 > tags and will parse in the expected order.
 >
 > I think you can replace [LC]...[/LC] with [msg lc=1]...[/msg] in the
above
 > example and it should work.
 >
 > Jon

Hi Jon,

In the archive of this mailing list I found some examples using
[setlocale xx_XX] for testing "[L]" and "[LC]", changing the locale
successively in one page. That's why I wondered that the tag dosn't work
in my example.
Regarding the [LC] tag Racke always wrote "[LC] should work.", but how I
see some people found, that it may not work in some cases.
I try to understand where it will work and where it's better to use
[loc] or [msg] tags.

Holger