[ic] Configuration - MySQL login fails during install

Steve steve@itcom.net
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:27:31 -0400

> > Hi,

I got Interchange 4.5.5 on a Mandrake 7.1, Perl 5.005, MySQL 3.22.23.
It's installed under a user other than nobody, and during the creation of
the mysql file it cannot login. I've tried a normal user and root with the name
and password but never been able to create the sql file.

> >  "run "mysqladmin create test_barry"? ....[y]
> >  mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> >  error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'

I missed this the first time around. But the (Using password: NO) is the clue
to the failure. Mysql will not let you in without the -P param.

Anyone have an idea of how to make 'makecat' add a -P when it runs the sql
command?

Steve