[ic] Configuration - MySQL login fails during install

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:07:05 -0400

Quoting Steve (steve@itcom.net):
> Searching for version numbers, I've found in minivend/lib/Vend/Server.pm
> a line that says it's Version 10. If this is what the error msg below comes
> from then this is currently shipping incompatible (which seems unlikely).
>
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > So that worked well. Thanks!
> > All I needed to do was to add user name and passwd and it came up.
> > Well almost...:
> >
> > Interchange V4.5.5
> > Configuring catalog barry...Using MySQL, dsn=DBI:mysql:test_barry
> > Barry config error: DBI connect failed: Protocol mismatch: Server Version =
> > 10 Client Version = 9"
> >
> > I could not find where this is configured, whatever these protocols are.

Actually, this is only a MySQL versioning problem and has nothing to do
with Interchange.

Try

	perl -MCPAN -e 'force install Mysql'

to re-install DBD::mysql and see if that makes a difference.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".