[ic] Setup Problems

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.net
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:07:13 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Digital Visions Entertainment <dve@tampabay.rr.com>
To: interchange-users@minivend.com <interchange-users@minivend.com>
Date: 28 August 2000 18:46
Subject: Re: [ic] Setup Problems

>Jonathan here is another catalog I just setup which produced the same
>errors.
>http://www.digitalvisionsentertainment.com/example1/
>the only thing in the /cgi-bin/example1 is an executable named executable
>there is no admin pages or index.html pages like the links on the beginning
>of the welcome page is looking for.

Again your setup looks wrong.

Please note you dont get an index.html in your cgi-bin.

The executable in the cgi-bin is a connector program to the ic server which
delivers the page from the pages directory of the catalogue structure. using
cgi-bin/<link program>/index.html should run <link program> which is passed
the parameter '/index.html'.

currently you have a link program at
http://www.digitalvisionsentertainment.com/cgi-bin/example1/executable

but it is not executing, its being downloaded as text.

Is your cgi-bin set up as executable? is the link program chmodded
correctly?

Jonathan.

ps. hope you dont run your servers with list on the cgi-bin normally!