[ic] Accessing username and password

Zachary Matthews zac@mediapc.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:07:34 -0800

I am working on functionality for users who forgot their password.  I
want them to enter their email address, and then check the userdb for
that email address.  If it exists, their username and password gets
emailed.   (Obviously they are not logged in).

I am having problems accessing the username and password fields of the
userdb.  Does anyone know why the following code is not working?

[loop search="
 st=db
    fi=userdb
    ml=1
    sf=email
    se=[value forgot_email]
    rf=username,password
    "
]
[seti forgot_username][loop-field username][/seti]
[seti forgot_password][loop-field password][/seti]
[/loop]

Any other ideas on how to search the userdb for an email address, and
return the matching username and password?
Thanks,
Zac