[ic] mv_action not doing what I expect...

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:00:14 -0600

Paul,
  I have found more success not using white space in names for other than display. So a dynamic menu would list something like Harvest Basket and that is what everyone would see but I would
create a field named catsf (category search field :)  ) and enter HABA in that. Then my searches are based there and not the category field but I display the corresponding category field. Of
course that can be altered anyway you want. White space in urls gave me fits way back in MV 3 days which is when I started using this additional field stuff.

Steve

Paul Stearns wrote:

> Steve:
>
> You may think I'm on drugs but...
>
> If I run my site with Internet Explorer(IE) my results are good. If I run the site with Netscape it seems to ignore the em=yes
> and puts raw spaces on the url line which causes the script to go to hell in a hand basket (bring up the standard results page
> with bizarre search criteria) Below are some urls generated;
>
> IE
> Going into the results page cat_results.html
> ==================
> http://webdb.edatatranslators.com/cgi-bin/flcitrus/scan/se=Harvest%20Basket/sf=category/tf=price/em=yes/co=yes/sp=cat_results.html
>
> ==================
> IE
> After clicking buy button
> ==================
> http://webdb.edatatranslators.com/cgi-bin/flcitrus/scan/se=Harvest%20Basket/sf=category/tf=price/em=yes/co=yes/sp=cat_results.html?mv_session_id=sWxyeHsN&mv_nextpage=cat_results&mv_username=
>
> ==================
>
> Netscape
> Going into the results page cat_results.html
> ==================
> http://webdb.edatatranslators.com/cgi-bin/flcitrus/scan/se=Harvest%20Basket/sf=category/tf=price/em=yes/co=yes/sp=cat_results.html
>
> ==================
> Netscape
> After clicking buy button
> ==================
> http://webdb.edatatranslators.com/cgi-bin/flcitrus/scan/se=Harvest
> Basket/sf=category/tf=price/em=yes/co=yes/sp=cat_results.html?mv_session_id=dYANRdEx&mv_nextpage=cat_results&mv_username=
> ==================
>
> Notice that there is a space instead of a %20 on the last url. (my mail program may have done a word wrap on the space). This
> particular example doesn't behave too badly since "Harvest Basket" is the only product with "Harvest" in the name.
>
> I do not know if this is specifically a problem with Netscape, or I just haven't figured out how to break it with IE.
>
> Any and all help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Paul
>
> Steve & Patti Getzinger wrote:
>
> > My initial guess in the Buy All..be it.
> >
> > Hope that helps
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Paul Stearns wrote:
> >
> > > I am runneing v4.6 with GDBM.
> > >
> > > I have copied the results.html page to cat_results.html.
> > >
> > > When I click on

  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)