[ic] adding a suffix to the root sku

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:26:10 -0500

Quoting scott andreas (scotta@homer-simpson.learnserv.com):
> I'm trying to figure out a way to add a suffix to the root sku on
> product ordered.
> Heres the situation:
>
> In my products database I have all the skus as roots for example we
> resell adobe products and one of their products is photoshop yet
> photoshop comes in different platforms and we resell it at different
> price levels. The root sku would be ADOB0060 , so through the ordering
> process the customer would select MAC or WIN platforms a 30 user site
> license via common adjust. Thus the sku would end up being
> ADOB0060-WSL30 in the cart

Won't help you at the moment, but we are addressing this big-time in
4.7.x. Basically, you will be able to build variants of each item
based upon options, and if you want to go farther you can even implement
a complete modular bill of materials.

It is starting to look pretty cool if I do say so myself -- if you looked
at Tallyman's matrix options, it is all of that and more.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous