[ic] *** Interchange 4.6 & PgSQL Difficulties ***

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:48:40 -0500

Quoting Marc Aubert (maubert@swisscenter.ch):
> Hello Minivenders !
>
> As said in a previous message, we use the following :
>
> - Interchange 4.6 final (with standard demo)
> - PgSQL 7.0.2 (with 50'000 products database)
> - Redhat 7.0 (with latest PERL)
>
> We do think Interchange is one of the most (if not the most) advanced
> GPL software for e-commerce. I've been following Mike's work for many
> years now, but it's only now that we are about to launch an important
> service with it in Switzerland. It seems that competition is getting
> really important in the GPL/e-commerce aera and we hope that
> Mike/Akopia will manage to keep the lead.
>
> We've been playing with Minivend for a long time, but it's only now
> that we use its SQL capabilities. It seems that we are not too
> familiar with some of the "strange" tags yet, but our development is
> completely blocked as we cannot pass accurate SQL queries to PgSQL
> without having Interchange modifying them.
>
> Questions :
>
> 1 - [query sql="select * from products where category = 'something'
> and title LIKE 'something%']
> How to have results from such a SQL query displayed ?

I was going to give you a doc reference but then realized I couldn't
find it in the new documents. 8-\

[query  list=1
	sql="select * from products where category = 'something'"
	] [sql-param sku] [sql-param category] [/query]

would be the normal form for doing quick lists.

I couldn't find this either, though I know I wrote the doc:

> 3 - A practical example would be definitely appreciated.

    <FORM HREF="[area @@MV_PAGE]">
    <SELECT NAME=category>
            [query list=1
		sql="select distinct category from products order by category"]
            <OPTION>[sql-code]</OPTION>
            [/query]
    </SELECT>
    <INPUT TYPE=submit>
    </FORM>
    <P>

    [if cgi category]
    [query
       list=1
       sql="
            SELECT * FROM products
            WHERE category = '[cgi name=category filter=sql keep=1]'
            "]
            [sql-param sku] [sql-param category]<BR>
    [/query]
    [/if]

There is supposed to be some stuff to automatically use the value of variables
as the search specification, but I can't for the life of me get it to work
at the moment or even find the docs about it. I will fix that. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow