[ic] Image upload permissions

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:52:56 -0500

Quoting Jerry (jerry@digitalfm.com):
> Does anyone know the minnimum permissions you can
> set to allow a store owner to use the upload
> image widget?
>
> We'd like the store owner to only add/edit/delete
> items along with upload the appropriate image
> file(s). With permissions in the UI set for
> item editing, an attempt to upload gives
> a "Sorry, no permission for page files" error.
>
> They have to have access to the page files to
> upload a graphic related to items for sale?
> This seems like a very dangerous thing to do.
> I must be missing something, but can't seem to
> find a combination that works.

I don't think we provide an interface to this, but you should
simply be able to go to the direct table edit for "access", and
plug in a wildcard expression into the "files" or "pages"
field. The demo has a "shipping" user which has a couple of
examples of this.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill