[ic] Image upload permissions

Paul R Stearns pauls@compuace.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:58:42 -0500

Jerry:

The following is based on IC 4.6.0 and the construct demo.

I am not the final authority on this, but I believe that the images are
stored in 2 directories called thumb and items. These directories are
located in the directory wwwroot/catalogs/images, where wwwroot is the
path to the root of your website. On my system the images directory is
actually a link from the catalogs directory to the actual html directory
assigned in apache.

I had problems with uploading at the begining and needed to play about
with group access and permissions, but I don't believe that I
compromised security to the ...catalog/pages... directory tree.

If I have messed this up I am sure someone else out there will correct
me.

Paul