[ic] How do I put together a "build a computer" page?

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:05:03 -0800

I would do this with mv_order_group.  I am not sure where to find this in
the interchange docs, but it appears from the special form fields list that
it is still supported, and there is documentation at the old minivend site.

Basically, you choose one item (perhaps the CPU) to be the master, and
associate any number of items with it as subordinates.  You can put them
all on a form:

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo ACTION=refresh>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_group VALUE="1">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="CPU"> Start with a CPU...
<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="DVD-ROM"> Check for DVD-ROM
<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="RAM_256"> Check for 256MB
RAM Upgrade
<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="INK_PRT"> Check for color
printer
code    options
CPU     DVD-ROM RAM_256 MON_17 INK_PRT

...then on a flypage for CPU:

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo ACTION=refresh>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_group VALUE="1">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_item VALUE="[item-code]"> Start with a CPU...
[loop arg="[item-code]"]

Oops! Sorry, that should be [loop arg="[item-field options]"]

- Ed L.