[ic] Static Page Generation Issues

Houman Akhavan houman@edigitalweb.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:04:46 -0800

Interchange 4.6.1 -- MySQL DB -- NoImportExternal Yes

I am doing a static generation of my catalog to the document root, rather
than /pages. But for some reason my images directory gets wiped out during
regeneration. The reason I am doing a static generation is for search engine
indexing. But IC recommends that you do not need to do this because you can
send a search engine to the statically generated URL and it will spider the
static links on the page. How would this scenario work, it is a little vague
to me? Do I have to create a robots.txt file?

Thanks,
Houman A.