[ic] Loading Interchange DB into Postgresql

Spencer spencer@mediabang.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:42:08 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Nick Rathke wrote:

> Being new to this list, Perl and Interchange, I have a newbe
> question.....
>
> I am running Interchange on redhat 7.0 with postgres7.0. Interchange
> builds and runs fine, and I don't get any errors telling the catalog to
> use Postgres. But how do I load the postgresql database files? I have
> tried the standard way psql  "database-name" < filename, but it isn't
> working. I know  that postgres is good because I other database up and
> running, and I can view thier tables with pgaccess. Is this a perl
> thing, or a Interchange thing? So, how do I load a file into the
> database to use with Interchange ?
>
> TIA
>
> Nick Rathke

When you did your makecat telling it to use Postgres and then started
interchange, it should have created and built the database and tables for
you in Postgres.  So they should already be there.  If you open up
pgaccess you should be able to find the database you specified in the
makecat script (default is 'test_construct'), and all the tables for
interchange should be in there already.

-Spencer
spencer@mediabang.com
Please direct all of your YES/NO questions to 8ball@mylamewebsite.com