[ic] Discovering if a checkbox is checked on a results page (without javascript?)

Dan db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:51:42 -0800

How do I find out if a checkbox is checked or not on the results page?  My
example:

In choose_foo.html:

<form  action="[process]" method="post">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE="return">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="choose_foo_results">

 <input type="checkbox" name="foo" value="0">I like foo

</form>

Then in choose_foo_results.html:

You like foo = [value foo]

This shows '0' on the page, even if the checkbox is checked.  I assume that
is because the HTML VALUE="0" statement does not automatically get changed
when a user checks the checkbox.

If so, then what is the recommended way to tell whether a checkbox has been
checked on a results page?

I've grepped the docs, tried [checked], grepped the mailing list.  I would
like to steer away from a javascript solution, as well.  Please let me know
what I'm missing.

Dan Browning - danb@cyclonecomputers.com