[ic] Discovering if a checkbox is checked on a results page (without javascript?)

Bill Randle billr@exgate.tek.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:09:57 -0800

On Dec 9, 12:24am, Dan wrote:
} Subject: Re: [ic] Discovering if a checkbox is checked on a results page (
} Dear Dan,
}
} I would have thought you'd have learned this by now, Dan.  I don't know how
} to do it without javascript, but here is one way.
}
} >  <input type="checkbox" name="foo" value="0">I like foo
}
} Try instead...
}
} <input onClick="this.form.foo.value=this.form.foo.checked" type="checkbox"
} name="foo" value="0">I like foo
} [value name=foo set=""]
}
} Which makes sure that whenever foo is clicked, it's value is the same as
} it's checkbox.  Then the value can be correctly accessed on the results page
} like you coded.
}
} Sheesh.  Amatures.  You are so verbal with your ignorance.
}
} Dan Browning - danb@cyclonecomputers.com
}
} PS. I'm not Schizophrenic, just self-analytical.

Dear Dan,

Don't be so hard on yourself. In addition to the Javascript solution,
you might look in docs for [value-extended]. Checkbox results are
normally passed as an array, rather than a scalar value, and
[value-extended foo] should give you a space seperated list of
values (or in this case, the only value).

	-Bill