[ic] pending orders dissapear!

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:12:44 -0500

Quoting Eric Hull (res059ss@gte.net):
> Hello all,
>
> Big problem here - don't have a clue how or why it has happened - searched
> the list and archives - no luck.
>
> went back to UI and looked over rest of admin area - merchandising section
> returns 500 error - dunno why yet
> reporting does not show most of november or any of december under
> orders"  - does not list all orders "by day" either
> error log still listing tons of this error:  wbpcstore
> /cgi-bin/wbpcstore/index.html search error: Search strings must be at least
> 1 characters. You had no search string specified.
> and this error: wbpcstore /cgi-bin/wbpcstore/process.html search error:
> Limit subroutine creation: bad limit creation code in coordinated search,
> probably search group without search specification. at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Search.pm line 689.
>

> This is extremely disturbing - the site appears to be functioning ok, we are
> still receiving orders tonight - however customers with
> backorders/partials/pendings canot check their info, accounts, etc.
>
> machine info:  FreeBSD 4.1.1 , Apache 1.3.12, Interchange 4.6.1, Perl
> 5.00503 - IC setup using construct demo template- running live right now

Database type? I am guessing it is the default DB_File for BSD.

I am wondering if you followed the recommendation to place your
orderline, transactions, and userdb tables (at least)

I am getting ready to issue an alert for BSD. It looks like flock()
doesn't work properly in Perl, and if that is the case then you are
always at risk using the DB_File internal database on BSD.

Solution, based upon my guess as to your DB_Type, is to install GDBM
on Perl or better yet, use a SQL database of some type.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon