[ic] PLEASE HELP! - FORBIDDEN, NO PERMISSION!

Marcel Montes marcel@multimake.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:08:46 -0300

--------------075EAF505D7E928547CDF1AA

Check file permissions.
as last resource you can always chown 777 everything (pros: it it's only a file
permission error, it'll work. cons: security=0)

dupon wrote:

> Why is this happening?
> I have installed Interchange on Mac OS X (which is basically FreeBSD) and
> have actually had it up and running on many different occasions. Sometimes
> for only an hour or so, sometimes all day. It works fine until suddenly I
> get "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access
> /cgi-bin/construct/index.html on this server" when either the "admin" or the
> "customer" link, on the main store entrance page, is clicked for any store.
> Interchange is running. Apache is running. All other cgi scripts work.
> I "bin/restart", I have rebooted the server and done a "bin/interchange" but
> nothing works.
> Is Interchange always so finicky?
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> If I am not providing enough info, please tell me.
> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Ned Dupont
> WLGroup web site developer
> dupon@wlgroup.com
> (920) 487-6270 (Direct)
> (920) 487-3424 (WLGroup)
> http://www.wlgroup.com
> --
> Member: International Webmasters Association
> http://iwanet.org

[Marcel Montes [marcel(at)multimake(dot)com] -- Programmer]
Documentation is like sex: if it's good, it's good, if it's
               bad, it's better than nothing