[ic] ZdNet Review Of Interchange...

BF meinbuch@mein-buch.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:43:08 -0500 (EST)

Mike Heins wrote:

> [del]

> I thought the review was fair enough, though the "Performance=C" hurt

The performance grade did upset me when I read it. I think it is the
worst misjudgement within the whole review.

> [del]

> Perhaps we got hit with the transition period in a battle against
> grade inflation. 8-)

Sure. Getting A's and B+'s in this country's school has
almost become the default. The grading remarks in the article are bad
for foreigners who don't know what's going on here.

But then MV and IC got where they are today by word of mouth and that's
a much better proof of qualitiy and potential than stupid grades...:-)

> Sometimes not communicating the features is as bad as not having them.

yes, yes, music in my ears...

> He did the review from the perspective of a non-techie using the system,
> and we still are not there enough on the documentation and user
> interface.

Yup. Box the thing and get it out with a very good handbook. The problem
is that I believe techies have no idea to look at something from a
non-techie perspective and reviewers have lost the abilitiy to judge
something outside the official economic perspective of the day.

<kidding> So, just forget techies and business people... they just don't
count.:-)</kidding>

<serious> The end-user counts and they use the software quite
confidently. </serious>

* arghh,  forgot that counting what counts isn't much in fashion right
now and counting what doesn't count is counted wrongly, another reason
to better listen to the people who know something about what counts...
:-)

Cheers, keep on doing what you are doing. It's a great project.

--
Birgitt Funk