[ic] Static page build problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:58:37 -0500

Quoting pro-dent.de (info@pro-dent.de):
> Hello everybody ;-)
>
> I am facing a little problem with the static page building system in IC
> 4.6.0. I upgraded from MV4.04 to IC 4.6.0 and the static page build
> process doesn't seem to work properly anymore. It does do the page
> building, but the order links don't work anymore. Example:
>
> MV4.04: the order URL looked like: blabla.cgi/order?;item-code
>
> IC4.6.0: the order URL now looks like: blabla.cgi/order?=item%20dcode
>
> and of course if you click on "order", it produces an Internal Server Error.
>
> Any idea? Any help appreciated ;-)))

That looks like etc/varnames is not being set up properly. I would
check to make sure that the Interchange daemon has write permission
on its Global::ConfDir, usually etc/ in the interchange root.

If it otherwise runs OK, then you can temporarily make that
directory 777, restart Interchange, then set the permissions
back. It just needs it once.

That is probably a design flaw; I will put it in the bug list.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon