[ic] [loop search=] inside a [page scan=]

Hans-Joachim Leidinger hans-joachim.leidinger@home.gelsen-net.de
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:03:32 +0100

Dan wrote:
[DEL]
> > [seti dummy][loop search="st=db/fi=favorites/se=[scratch
> user_favorite]/sf=product_sku"][loop-data favorites product_sku]|[/loop]nada
                                        What is this??? --->      ^
                                        A PIPE-Symbol?

> > Test: [scratch dummy]<BR>
> > and
> >
> >  [page scan INTERPOLATE=1

Oh? Remove "INTERPOLATE=1" and try it again!

> >   fi=products
> >   sp=results
> >   st=db
> >   co=yes
> >   sf=sku
> >   se=[scratch dummy]
> >  ]
> >  Click here to see a list of your favorite products!
> >  [/page]
>
> I tried that, but the result I got was:
> <A HREF=".../se=[scratch dummy.html">Click here to see a list of your
> favorite products!</A>

? Why [scratch dummy.html] instead of [scratch dummy.html]?
Is this comming from

[seti dummy][loop search="st=db/fi=favorites/se=[scratch
user_favorite]/sf=product_sku"][loop-data favorites
product_sku]|[/loop]nada

Did you use [seti dummy.html]...[/seti]?
I'm in a muddle!
Put a line

Test favorite:  [scratch user_favorite]<BR>

before

Test: [scratch dummy]

to check the value of whole scratch variables. Control it step by step
and at last, use it all together.

> So it looks like the [scratch dummy] didn't get interpolated either.  I had

It seems to me, you are using [scratch dummy.html] instead of [scratch
dummy].
Please! Make a Copy&Paste of your part of your codes.

> previously tried the equivalent of what you suggested, except I used [set]
> instead of [seti], and [set] didn't work either.

You want to use a variable. It will not set at the first time. With
[set], you have to use

[set name="dummy" interpolate=1]

will be set the variable first and this is the same as [seti].

> >  [page scan INTERPOLATE=1

Again! I need "INTERPOLATE=1" or "interpolate=1" with the
scan/loop/search tags never.

> >   fi=products
> >   sp=results
> >   st=db
> >   co=yes
> >   sf=sku
> >   se="00004|00005|00011|nada"
> >  ]
> >  Click here to see a list of your favorite products!
> >  [/page]
> >
> > and is that working?
>
> It works perfectly.  When I click the link I get the above 3 products shown
> just perfectly.
>
> If there is any information that I'm not being forthright with enough, let
> me know and I'll spill the beans the best I can.  I really appreciate the
> peer-review type help.

Ok! Let us make step by step!
First: Let [scratch dummy] and [scratch user_favorite] working!
       Try to get the value of the scratch variables right!
Second: If you get the scratch variables with success. Try it again with
        the scan tag.

Joachim

--
-------------Hans-Joachim Leidinger---------------------