[ic] Static page build problem part 2 ;-)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:51:16 -0500

Quoting pro-dent.de (info@pro-dent.de):
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >> Checking part number 1907...................................build_page
> >> died: Can't call method "view_product" on an undefined value at
> >> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 3998.
> >

> > Is this the old "bin/interchange -build" or the new regeneration via
> > the UI? The old build process is now obsolete. It is done via the
> > UI, and is much, much, better than it used to be.
> >
> > I am removing the -build option.
> >
> Dear Mike,
>
> pleeeeease don't remove the -build option... or is it possible to make a
> cronjob on the UI build process?

I will look at providing a little help with that in the next version.
Basically, if you look at the page in UI/pages/admin/generate_static
and build a URL which will call what you want, then you can just
do a GET (Perl url getter) with a username/password, or put the
[regenerate] tag in a page of your own.

Something like:

23 4 * * * GET 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/yourcat/regen?pass=ohsosecret'

would do it if you made a little page "regen":

[if cgi pass ne ohsosecret]
[or session host !~ /127.0.0.1|localhost/]
	[bounce page=violation]
[else]
	[calc]
		$CGI->{this} = 'that';
		$CGI->{foo} = 'bar';
	[/calc]
	[regenerate]
[/else]
[/if]

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman