[ic] item edit on flypage from basket

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:04:46 -0800

At 11:12 AM 12/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>The spec I'm working from (for a clothing sales system) calls for an item to
>appear in the basket with several image buttons to the side of it, one being
>an "edit" item button where a user can go back to the flypage and change the
>color, size, and quantity for that item in the basket.  How can I carry that
>particular basket entry to the flypage?  One hack I considered was on
>clicking edit, removing that item from the basket and then going to the
>flypage (where it would be readded to the basket after changes and submit).
>
>Another question I had is how to detect whether someone has made their color
>/ size selections (on the flypage) within the basket and make those
>[item-accessories xxxx] tags instead of [item-modifier xxxx] tags (which
>would maybe solve my previous question...).

I would go with the latter route, since the cart is able to accept these
changes - qty changes are a no-brainer, they are already there.  For the
modifiers, this is the syntax I am familiar with, I assume it still works,
but I may be wrong:

[if-modifier color][item-accessories color][/if-modifier]
[if-modifier size][item-accessories size][/if-modifier]

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free