[ic] how to uninstall a catalog?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:31:36 -0500

Quoting Sarah Gargett (sarah@fdd.co.uk):

> I can't seem to find documentation for this anywhere - can anyone tell me
> what I need to do to completely uninstall a catalog?

Four steps:

    1. Remove the Catalog line from interchange.cfg, i.e.

           perl -pi.bak -e 's/^Catalog\s+construct.*//' interchange.cfg

       Or use your favorite editor.

    2. Remove the link program (i.e. /cgi-bin/construct).
    3. Remove the HTML directory (i.e. /home/httpd/html/construct).
    4. Remove the catalog directory (i.e. ~/catalogs/construct).

At that point, all traces are gone except for a construct.status file
that lays around in INTERCHANGE_ROOT/etc. You can remove that too if
you like more than 4 steps. 8-)

I think we need to add this to the docs....

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.  -- Mark Twain