[ic] new payment method broke, broswer dependent

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
20 Dec 2000 13:27:26 -0500

Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com> writes:

> Quoting Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net):
> > I have a store that accepts money orders and cashier's checks.  What
> > they want to do is display the mailing address when the customer
> > selects that payment method (on the bottom of the checkout screen,
> > mail_receipt, and receipt.html).  The catalog is pretty much a
> > straight construct out of IC 4.6.0.  Here's my mods to
> > pages/ord/checkout.html:
> >

> When in doubt on something like this, put this at the top of the
> checkout page
>
>     <!-- [dump] -->
>
> then display the source after your submit.

Good tip, thx.

> Also, you should look at checkout_profile in etc/profiles.order
> and see what it defaults to if it gets a fax_order setting it
> doesn't know about.

This was the problem. If fax_order is not set it defaults to credit
card.  Since my checkout page didn't set any cc info, the order was
incomplete.  I just changed my checkout page to set fax_order to 1
(which is just Check or Money Order).

Thanks for the speedy reply!
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543