[ic] Installation

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:38:18 -0500

Quoting Jason Kohles (jason@mediabang.com):
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 03:52:27PM -0500, Mike Heins wrote:
> >
> > And nobody ignored the question at the first stage of install?
> >
> >     my $ans = my_prompt("User name $uid doesn't exist. Use anyway? ", 'n');
> >
> > It defaults to "No" for a reason. Perhaps we need to be more strident....
> > 8-)
> >
> I planned to add the user as soon as the install script was finished, maybe
> it just needs a little warning that the install script will never finish
> if you say no   =)

A little trick you can use -- at least in any modern shell.

Issue your SUSPEND key (usually ^Z) and drop to the shell and
add the user. Then type "fg" and return to the install script.

We will look at this -- I *think* it is actually an ExtUtils::MakeMaker
problem and not in the install script. Jon Jensen is redoing the installer
quite a bit and it will be changed somewhat for 4.7 and up.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown