[ic] Categories confusion...

Reid Ivens reid@n-visionit.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:31:47 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm quite confused as to how to setup categories in Interchange (4.5.7) and
I'm hoping someone can help me clear it up.

Here's how I'm doing it now:
a) I create the category I want when I add the item to the DB.
b) I create a top-level category in the "Design" section of the admin-site
and I create a sub-category which does a simple search on the products'
"category" field for the value I entered as the category for the item.

What I would *really* like to do is to:
a) Be able to make more than one level of sub-category below a top-level
category.
b) Be able to "browse" through the categories starting from the top.

As I see it now, the "results" page won't allow me to browse from the
top-level.  Am I doing something wrong?  Can anyone help me resolve these
issues?

Thanks very much,
Reid

Reid Ivens, CIO