[ic] Search within search on multiple tables

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:38:57 -0800

At 05:52 PM 12/20/00 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm wondering if anybody knows how to do multilevel searches.
>For example lets say I have a products table and a price table.
>How would I do a search on the description in the products table
>and use the results of that search to then search the product
>table (all in the same page).
>
>Is there a way to embed <search-region> tags. eg:
>
>[search-region prefix=prod search="
>         fi=products
>         st=db
>         ra=yes
>"]

Jason -

I am a little confused by your query, but within the results of the search
you have defined above, you could use this tag:

[item-data price fieldname]

to display the contents of the field fieldname in the file price which has
the key [item-code] (same key as in products).  This is a simple
cross-reference.  Is this what you want?

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free