[ic] Bug? v6.2.1 - SQL error when editing item Inventories in UI

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 07:18:01 -0500

Quoting Randy Moore (ramoore@axion-it.net):

> If I follow the "Tables" link at the bottom of the UI and edit the
> inventory table directly for an item, the quantity is updated properly.
>
> Possible Fix:
>
> In the file /usr/local/interchange/lib/UI/admin/pages/item_inventory.html,
> on both lines 10 and 11, remove the
> '__UI_PRODUCT_TABLE__:__UI_ITEM_DESCRIPTION__' string.
>
> This leaves lines 10 & 11 looking like:
>                  $CGI->{ui_data_fields} = '[db-columns
> name=inventory]';
>                  $CGI->{ui_display_only} =
> '';

This means that for some reason those variables are not being defined
in your variable.txt. Place this line in catalog_before.cfg:

Variable  UI_ITEM_DESCRIPTION  description

There should already be a line:

Variable UI_PRODUCT_TABLE  products

This is being replaced in future versions with __DescriptionField__, which
is the value of the DescriptionField directive. I don't think it is in
4.6.1 (the code for AutoVariable, to set certain directive values to
variable values for easy access).

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock