[ic] item_edit BAD SQL error

Kash Monsefi KMonsefi@instinctmag.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:17:53 -0800

I've installed interchange 4.6.1 and am getting the following error in
my item_edit:

Bad SQL, query was: select DISTINCT category, category FROM products ORDER BY category

The thing is this error occurs only about 8 out of 10 times.  If I hit
refresh on the page, after every few refreshes, it will work once
without the error.  Same thing happens when trying to create a new
item.

My settings are as follows:

Perl Version      Perl 5.00503 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
Optional Module Information      LWP::Simple found (v1.32).
MD5 found (v2.01).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.11).
SQL::Statement found (v0.1016).
Safe::Hole found (v0.07).
Storable found (v1.006).
Tie::Watch not found. Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
URI::URL found (v5.02).
Safe operations untrapped      ftfile sort rand

Database Information
Database Interfaces      No GDBM.
Berkeley DB_File available (v1.65)
DBI enabled (v1.14), available drivers:

ADO
ExampleP
Multiplex
Proxy

I've reinstalled and recreated catalogs several times, with the exact
same problem.  Any ideas on what could be going wrong and how to fix
this?