[ic] mouse over 4-6.1 Category properties

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:46:10 -0500

Gregg Fabbri wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Tried that.
>
> I think the URL is being formatted with the <a
> href="My typed URL Here"> so if I put in your
> suggestion I think I get something like <a href="<a
> href="http://myURL" target="_blank"></a>  and it
> really does not want to work.
>
> I even tried entering http://myURL" target="_blank"
> but that does not work either.  I have even tried
> editing the layout.html page directly to see if I can
> get what I need but have had no success there either.
>
> --- Steve & Patti Getzinger <steveandpatti@wubs.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Can't avoid the obvious on this one. Try typing <A
> > HREF="http://www.myserver.com/page.html
> > TARGET="new"> into the area you can
> > manually enter text.
> >
> > Steve

> =====

That's interesting as to my knowledge <> are not touched by IC only [ ]
but that does not mean I know everything :) This is why you have to do
(if you use the <A HREF) [area page] such as <A HREF="[area page]">
Which generates a IC page and further search of the docs will reveal a
target that goes with it all. I have never had any problems utilizing
the full url with targets when placed into a page. I run the current IC
and MV 3.14. At present I am using a WinOpen func from JS with full urls
since the pages I want to access are outside IC space.

Steve