[ic] Newbie Needs Install pointers/help

Mark Atkinson marka@netbrick.net
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:20:29 -0700

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list.  I have downloaded and installed Interchange (latest
version) on Redhat Linux 7.0.

I have run the ./configure and gotten all of that setup including the MySQL
database.  I realized the first time I installed Interchange I had several
CPAN modules that didn't compile right.  I was able to figure that problem
out.  And from what I can tell they are running and installed ok.  I
installed them using CPAN.  Then ran the ./configure for interchange again
just to be sure I had it right.

I get everything installed and setup.  Start apache and Interchange.  I am
able to get to the website ok.  Get to the Admin site.  But now I have
several features that don't work, some work some don't.  On the customer
side.  Nothing works.  I have checked the log files. I get Internal Server
Errors for apache.  I think I am missing something in Apache's config or the
install did not add the data to the MySQL database.  But I'm not sure.  The
errors I am getting are Premature end of script headers and file not found
or does not exist for images.  Which leads me to belive it may be the Perl
DBI or DBD database calls and nothing is in the MySQL database.  I checked
/usr/local/interchange/locale.error.  It is full of database errors on
several .pm files.

Any suggestions are welcome.  Just for kicks.  I did check the database.
Their is the database called test_construct.  But that is it.  No data, no
tables no nothing.  Any suggestions or pointers are welcome.  If I have over
looked some documentation please let me know.  I'll go back and read it.

For those of you who are running a production type of system.  What do you
have for a directory layout.  What do you recommend. I have seen where the
default install will put interchange files in /usr/local/interchange, with
information in /home/interch and /home/httpd.

What type of security issues should I be looking for or be concerned about
down the line.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Mark Atkinson

Here are some of the errors I'm getting,

Locale en_US <<EOF
{
'CfgMgr.pm:1',
"CfgMgr - bad call combo_select: no name",

'CfgMgr.pm:2',
"CfgMgr - bad call combo_select: name=%s",

'CfgMgr.pm:3',
"CfgMgr: found line '%s'",

'Data.pm:1',
"Bad SQL query selector: '%s' for %s",

'Data.pm:2',
"Could not open shipping file %s: %s",

'Data.pm:3',
"Bad shipping configuration for mode %s, skipping.",

'Data.pm:4',
"Bad shipping file for zone '%s', lookup disabled.",

'Data.pm:5',
"Could not open salestax file %s: %s",

'Data.pm:6',
"Vend::Data export: non-existent database %s",

'Data.pm:7',
"Adding field %s",

'Data.pm:8',
"Deleting %s...",

'Data.pm:9',
"Deleting field %s",

'Interpolate.pm:1',
"Bad data '%s' '%s' '%s'",

'Interpolate.pm:2',
"Safe: %s\n%s\n",

'Interpolate.pm:3',
"Safe: %s\n%s\n",

[Tue Oct 31 19:35:18 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/construct
[Tue Oct 31 19:35:37 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/construct
[Tue Oct 31 19:43:33 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/construct