[ic] UPS Order Tracking

Ryan Hertz rhertz@gyb.baits.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 12:13:34 -0700

At 06:03 PM 11/2/00 , you wrote:
>OK, but what if I am using the customers number as a reference number to
>track shippments....will i have to put the tracking number int he status
>field everytime I place an order?

Perhaps you should talk to your UPS representative.  :-)  Your UPS tracking
information is in this form:  1Z [123456] [12] [1234567] [1] (as your
shipper #, service level, tracking, checksum, respectively), included with
that data is Ref1# and Ref2#.

Our shipping department enters the Interchange order number as (either)
Ref1 or Ref2.  About 36 hours after shipping a package the customer can
track the order via their Interchange order number (without knowing any of
the 1Z tracking number).

Some information you will need for this to function, a) probably be nice
and agree to the EULA and b) know your shipper #.

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                            http://yamamoto.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                http://www.insideline.net