[ic] close_table error on a flat file database

Mark Stosberg mark@summersault.com
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 23:12:02 -0500

Hello!

  Here's a challenging question (or at least mysterious. :) We recently
moved a server from one location to another and gave it a new IP address
and a new name, although we are still mapping the old name for now. When
we restarted Minivend (nothing had changed on the server besides it's
IP), we got the following error for two stores:

Can't call method "close_table" on an undefined
value at /usr/local/mvend/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 409

(This is with version 4.04).

Posts on the mailing list gave solutions for this but said it was
related to a MySQL database problem. This stores runs on an entirely
flat file system. I tried deleting all the ".db" files, but that didn't
help.

I imagine it was something in the reboot that caused the problem. Any
ideas on how to overcome this problem? Thanks!

     -mark

personal website             }      Summersault Website Development
http://mark.stosberg.com/    {      http://www.summersault.com/