[ic] Error when upgrading to IC from Minivend 4.04

Ron Phipps takedown@cdsnet.net
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:46:21 -0800

I have been working on migrating our MV 4.04 sites to Interchange (can't
wait to use the admin interface :)  This morning when I restarted the IC
server with my MV 4.04 catalog in place I received the following error:

Configuring catalog caseetc...caseetc config error: Could not tie to
'/home/caseetc/test/store/products/products.gdbm': Invalid argument at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 105.

This particular catalog is using gdbm for the databases, we will be
converting to mysql very soon.  Would I be better off converting to MySQL
now?

I searched the mail archives for this error and it turned up very few hits,
none of which were related.  Any ideas as to what might be causing this?  Is
there an upgrade document available?  (This was eluded to in a past post by
Mike).  Thanks for your help.

-Ron